It’s been an amazing summer for event sustainability in the national and international press. In case you missed it:
- Glastonbury released that 99% of tents were taken home this year.
- Shambala, and Electric Picnic were amongst the winners at the Create Green Awards.
- The Guardian ran an article on ‘Tents, Toilets and Transport’
- The Evening Standard rain on piece on ‘How to be a Sustainable Festival-Goer’.
- Reuters Foundation published a piece – ‘Festivals vow to Go Green’
- CNN ran “How Not to Trash the Planet at a Music Festival’.
- Vice magazine ran ‘Some Easy Ways to Stamp Out Your Festival Carbon Footprint‘.
The UK event industry press have also embraced the topic:
- Standout Magazine started a monthly Green Column in 2019, and launched The Green Series videos online.
- Insider Insights is running a Sustainable Summer Series, in which they dedicate half their monthly output to guidance on decreasing the environmental impact of festivals.
To stay up to date with all the latest event sustainability news sign up to the Powerful Thinking Newsletter: www.powerful-thinking.org.uk/sign-up