The website www.powerful-thinking.org.uk is owned by Julie’s Bicycle on behalf of and through agreement with the other members of the Powerful Thinking steering group. Content and processes are guided by the steering group.
Some of the personal and other data we may process and store include:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special projects and surveys
We process and use personal data in a number of ways and for a range of reasons, including:
- When you subscribe to the Powerful Thinking mailing list to be kept up to date with Powerful Thinking and the Steering Group’s activities and relevant resources and festival industry news. You may unsubscribe from this list at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- When you register for and attend Powerful Thinking events, so we can inform you of the agenda/programme, sort out any dietary requirements, and document the event through pictures and in written format.
- When you contact us through the website and by email, in order to respond to enquiries. We may also keep a record of such enquiries.
- When you join Powerful Thinking’s Vision:2025, so we can update you on Vision:2025 activities and to celebrate their commitments.
- When you respond to industry calls for research, such as the annual Festival Industry Green Survey, for our own records.
- When you browse the Powerful Thinking website, we may collect anonymised details of your IP address, browser type and operating system, and the web pages you visitedto better understand how people are using our resources and how we might improve the website.
We also collect some other types of data, like that submitted through the Festival Fuel Tool. This is anonymous and is used to contribute to aggregate data, which will be used to improve industry benchmarks for environmental reporting to chart the industry’s progress. Only Julie’s Bicycle have access to the data entries for the purpose of aggregation, regardless of which website the Fuel Tool is hosted. Any party beyond Julie’s Bicycle only has access to published, anonymous, aggregate data.
Where we store your information
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
Julie’s Bicycle may share your data with contracted freelancers and partners who support the work of Powerful Thinking, including the Chair of Powerful Thinking.
We may also share your information with service providers (such as cloud storage and services) who process data on our behalf.
Julie’s Bicycle will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely by these third parties and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation, either by ensuring contractors and suppliers (if outside the EEA) are based in a territory whose data protection laws are deemed by the European Commission to provide adequate safeguards, or by ensuring our contracts with any suppliers cover data protection agreements and safeguards that meet EU Data Protection standards.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
You have the right to ask us to ‘be forgotten’. This means that you can ask us to remove any of your personal data from our database(s), which we have to do within a month of you submitting your request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be forgotten.
You also have a right to find out what personal data we hold on you. Please email email@example.com for this information. Please note: if your request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs.
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have handled your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.powerful-thinking.org.uk domain.If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.