The power of festival industry communities to work together to create more sustainable events takes centre stage at the Vision:2025 annual conference at The Showman’s Show on October 17th 2018.
We’re pleased to announce the full programme; which represents the great support for Vision:2025 and the move towards sustainable events from festival industry organisations & communities, green-minded suppliers with progressive products & approaches, and experts with the skills and knowledge to tackle the ‘in the field issues’ of Vision:2025 members.
DOWNLOAD PROGRAMME PDF or see below.
Vision:2025 at The Showman’s Show Programme
Wednesday 17th October, 2018
13.00 Arrivals & Welcome: Johnny Lance (The Showman’s Show) &
Graham Brown (Powerful Thinking/Plaster PR)
13:05 Festival Vision: 2025 Update: Bethan Riach (Powerful Thinking)
13:10 Keynote: Paul Reed (CEO, Association of Independent Festivals):
The power of festival communities and collaboration to catalyse change.
13: 25 Progressive Power & Energy Session
- Lloyd Lawson (S2VS): Electric vehicle charging for events
- Matt Collins (ide Systems): Next generation remote monitoring systems
- Robert Miles (Immersa): Is battery storage the future?
- Tim Benson (Smart Power Ltd) How to plan for Smarter Power at events
- Catherine Bottrill (Julie’s Bicycle): Biofuel sourcing made simple
14:25 ‘Festival Focus’ Panel + Q&A —Steve Heap (AFO) talks to event organisers about the challenges of tackling environmental impacts and the initiatives that worked in 2018. With panel guests: Kate Doyle(Broadwick Live), Joe Buirski (Fire in the Mountain), Mary Corfield (Greenbelt) & Henry Taylor (Shambala Festival).
14.55 Tea & coffee break
15:10 The Showman’s Show Green Supplier Award: YOUR VOTE COUNTS. Three shortlisted suppliers pitch their innovations to the audience and panel of judges: Paul Reed (AIF), Catherine Bottril (Julie’s Bicycle), Steve Heap (AFO) and Liz Warwick (Lansdowne Warwick/Cambridge Folk Festival)
15.25 ‘A Toast to the Future’ Panel + Q&A: Host Andy Fryers (Hay Festival) talks to guests about how festivals can cut bar waste & get audiences drinking sustainably. With guests: Zac Fox (Kilimanjaro Live), Luke Howell (Hope Solutions); Alex Hopkins (Green Goblet) and the RAW Foundation.
16.00 Key Topic ‘Roundtable’ Discussions: (4 rotating groups with 15 min a topic)
- Power: Tenders, contracts & process: The nitty-gritty that will save you ££s with Tim Benson (Smart Power/ZAP Concepts)
- Waste Plastics – All you need to know about sustainable cup options with Chris Johnson (Shambala Festival), Luke Howell (Hope Solutions) and Rob Scully (ZAP Concepts).
- Let’s Talk Toilets: understand the impacts of toilet waste at events & discuss solutions to common issues with Virginia Gardiner (Loowatt) & guest supplier
- Tackling Travel Impacts: Measuring & reducing impacts of audience, crew and supplier travel with host Liz Warwick (Lansdowne Warwick/Cambridge Folk Festival) and guest supplier Tuned in Travel.
17.00 ‘Join us’ session: Building communities of change with:
- Julie’s Bicycle & Vision: 2025 (Catherine Botrill & Chris Johnson)
- Energy Revolution & The Ticketsellers ( Bethan Riach/Mo Jones )
17:15 Networking Drinks: Introduction to ethical brewing from Purity Ales & carry on the conversations over a beer.