It was great to see so many Vision:2025 festival teams and environmentally-minded suppliers at The Showman’s Show in October 2028. Thank you all for bringing your knowledge and questions on event sustainability to share with the community.
In case you missed the day or wanted to follow up on conversations: Here’s a round up of the speakers and suppliers who were there with links to websites and/or PDFs of slides (if available).
- Our keynote speaker Paul Reed (CEO, Association of Independent Festivals) – Drastic on Plastic: to get involved with the drastic on plastic campaign or the AIF see www.aiforg.com
Progressive Power & Energy Session
- Lloyd Lawson (S2VS): Electric vehicle charging for events
- Matt Collins (ide Systems): Next generation remote monitoring systems
- Robert Miles (Immersa): Is battery storage the future?
- Tim Benson (Smart Power Ltd) How to plan for Smarter Power at events
- Laura Pando (Julie’s Bicycle): Biofuel sourcing made simple : BIOFUELS FACTSHEET HERE
The Showman’s Show Green Supplier Award
- Winner: RAW Foundation (Hannah Jolliffe) for their brand able stainless steel bottles.
- Runners up:
- Enviro-cup (Russell Blakey) – stainless steel brandable cups
- MSS International (Jack Beerens) – foldable, modular festival toilets
‘A TOAST TO THE FUTURE’ Panel: With host Andy Fryers at Hay Festival:
- Alex Hopkinson (Reusable Cup service from Green Goblet)
- Colin Eade (Bespoke Event Bars)
- Nick Beck (Wine on Tap from Borough Wines).
- Power with Tim Benson (Smart Power/ZAP Concepts)
- Let’s Talk Toilets: Virginia Gardiner (Loowatt)
- Guest supplier Jon Scrancher Compoost
- Tackling Travel Impacts: Liz Warwick and guest supplier Tuned in Travel.
‘JOIN US’ session: Building communities of change with:
- Julie’s Bicycle Creative Green offer for Vision: 2025 Festivals (Laura Pando, Julie’s Bicycle)
- Energy Revolution & The Ticketsellers: Tackling Travel Emissions (Bethan Riach/Mo Jones )
- 8th Plate – Festival food surplus scheme (Mark Laurie, NCASS)
Networking Drinks: Purity Brewing Co : Our 2025 drinks sponsor: Sustainably brewed award winning beers from Purity. Available to supply, setup and install your festival bar and beer requirements. Contact Paul Brazier for a free sample pack and chat firstname.lastname@example.org