Plans are underway for the 3rd annual meeting of the 70+ festival organisers who have signed the Vision:2025 pledge with Powerful Thinking to cut the environmental impacts of their events by 50% by 2025.
The Showman’s Show organisers, Lance Show & Publications Limited, underline their commitment to sustainability in hosting the Vision:2025 event for the second year running on Wednesday 17thOctober. The afternoon event will be a chance for the Vision:2025 festival teams to share ideas and learn more about the new suppliers, organisations and communities that are helping the industry move towards more sustainable practices.
The event will highlight the power of collaboration and what can be achieved when festivals and suppliers work together: with updates on industry initiatives, latest research, presentations, panels, Q&As, roundtable sessions, and a chance to continue the conversation over an ethically-brewed beer at the networking drinks. This year the Vision:2025 programme will also include a live judging panel for The Showman’s Show 2018 Green Supplier Award.
Here’s a taster of the programme but a full speaker and guest information will be release in September:
- The Industry Energy Briefings session showcases new supplier services, products and best practice around; the future of transport at events; embedding sustainability right from the outset through careful sourcing and smart contracts; and the new technology that is making power monitoring and efficiency more accessible to festival teams.
- Festival Focus Panel/Q&A: Festival organisers who are leading the way in approaches to waste, power and transport share the initiatives that have worked in the past season and the challenges they faced along the way – with host Steve Heap from the Association of Festival Organisers.
- The ever-popular ‘roundtable’ session returns offering Vision:2025 members the chance to ask experts and guest suppliers specific questions relating to their events.Topics include: Let’s talk toilets, Power: the nitty-gritty, Tackling travel, and hot topic, Cutting waste plastics.
- Showman’s Show Green Awards 2018: YOUR VOTE COUNTS: The 2018 supplier shortlist present their products and services to the audience and live judging panel.
- The ‘A Toast to the Future’ panel and Q&A explores how festivals can cut bar waste, the latest knowledge and best practice around alternatives to single-use plastics.
- Building Community: The ‘Join Us’ session introduces the organisations and initiatives that are bringing Arts communities together around positive change: Including Julie’s Bicycle on monitoring, recording and target-setting and charity Energy Revolution on bringing events, suppliers, artists and audiences together to tackle CO2 emissions from travel.
- Networking drinks
Registration for Vision: 2025 members is now open: REGISTER HERE
If you are not yet a Vision:2025 member but would like to attend the event you can sign the Vision:2025 pledge here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Photo credit: George Harrison for Shambala Festival